ISO 14001 ENVIROMENTAL STANDARD
About the ISO 14001 standard
- It is the most prevalent worldwide environmental management standard.
- It can be applied by any organization interested in improving the environmental performance of operation, regardless of the size or the sector in which it operates.
- However, best results are achieved by organizations that implement the standard in synergy with ISO 9001.
Purpose of ISO 14001
The purpose is to detect of a firm’s environmental impact and focuses in providing measures for pollutant reduction.
Characteristics of ISO 14001:2004
- It is a tool for the enforcement of environmental legislation
- It is an important tool for businesses in their efforts to address their environmental issues and to demonstrate their environmental awareness
- Can be applied to all types of companies, businesses and organizations regardless of size and activity
- Large groups requesting their suppliers
- Required the new Public Procurement Regulation
Benefits of implementing a System Quality Management according to ISO 14001
- Improving the image of the organization
- Greater Operational Safety
- Creating competitive advantage
- Improving business performance
- Attracting investment
- The reduction in operating costs
- The savings
- Adherence to complex environmental legislation
- Increasing the knowledge and experience of managerial staff